Monday, June 17, 2013

Pink & fishtails

Hello everyone!! :)
I am attending a nailpolish challenge on The Crumpet that I became aware of on a fellow blogger's blog (Blueberrynails). It's just for fun so no prize can be won, and it's only for amateurs.
I thought it sounded fun, but since this month's theme is pink, and I'm not that much into pink I thought it wasn't for me. But I have decided to give it a try anyways!

So here is what I came up with - pink with pyramid studs and fishtails:



The pink is from GOSH, 544 Pink Lady. It's pink (obviously) and it has a subtle hint of lilac shimmer in it.
The white is from Gosh too, and the black one is from Maybelline Colorama.

Let's see some photos more closeup of each hand:


 And here is a close up of my thumb so you can see the subtle lilac shimmer...
 It's not totally visible, but it's there...
And a close.up of the fishtail on my indexfinger.
It's actually really easy to do this design, though I know my fishtails aren't perfect. I added numbers to the pictures so you can see in which order I did it.
I started with some black by the nail root, then a line of pink, a line of white, black, pink etc.  There is a lot of overlapping when you do this design, which you can see on the pink when it has to overlap the black.
The studs are just placed while the polish was still wet, and once dried finished with top coat.
I think I'm gonna have to do this design again, just with some other colors. Somehow I feel too girlygirl when I'm wearing pink on my finger nails...toenails, no problem though ;)

Here's a link to the contest where you also can see the other participants' contributions: the crumpet contest june. Voting starts tomorrow! :)

See you,
- Marie

2 comments:

  1. Ohh! I love your pink :) It looks so great, plus wow Pink Lady with that lilac shimmer is amazing! I hope you win! :D Next time I will have to work harder so I can compete with all the great nails ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that's so sweet of you :) I hope you win too :D

    ReplyDelete

I would looove to hear what you think - good or bad - leave your comment here :) I read and respond to all of them.