Monday, June 24, 2013

Pastel Gradient !

Hello !  ♥
I have wanted to do a gradient for a long time, but everytime I practiced on a single nail I just couldn't get it right. But this time I finally got it, I think!
I used an eyeshadow sponge applicator to blend the two colors together, instead of those big sponges. Everytime I tried with those, I just felt like I was wasting way too much nailpolish. The sponge sokes it all up and then there's almost no color on your nails after the first couple of times, at least that's my experience..
I used Elf's Lilac and Mint Cream.
Well, let's see it:



 The next picture is taken before I added topcoat, and as you may can see it looks more uneven than on the pictures above which has a smooth finish. Topcoat is absolutely necessary when doing this design.

 Weirdly enough, my non-dominant hand had a better finish than my dominant (yes, I'm lefthanded).
 I know this next photo is a blur, and I may be silly but I think the colors stand out more and the fading is a little easier to see, so fuck it, I'm posting it anyways ;)

Hope you liked it!
- Marie

15 comments:

  1. Det er super sødt - og når man er vild med pasteller - så er det ekstra sødt ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusind tak du skal have! Jeg har også en lille svaghed for pasteller, så selvfølgelig skulle det da være det ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I really liked this nail art. Pastels are so beautiful together. :) And cool you're from Denmark :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about pastels, they all compliment each other so well :) Yup, almost neighbors ;)

      Delete
    2. More pastel nail art! :D Do you understand swedish or should I continue in swedish, for me it doesn't matter. I at least understood everything in the Danish comments above. :D

      Delete
  3. Very pretty!! I love the colours you picked! How do you feel about Elf polish? I have heard super mixed reviews about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! :) Well, they maybe need a little extra drying time, but all in all I think they're fine - also the price considered. I have been wearing this for three days now, and there are no sign of chipping or anything. So I don't have a problem with them :)

      Delete
    2. Okay cool, I just always see the nailpolish cubes on sale for like 15$ and I am always tempted to get them. I will have to next time!!

      That is awesome, you mind if I ask what topcoat you used on top of this? or is that like a personal question? :p

      Delete
    3. Oh yea I have seen those! But if you're joining those that doesn't like them it's a lot of ELFs :b


      No I don't mind you asking at all - currently I am using one from Loreal, so really nothing special!

      Delete
    4. Yeah, true :) But I can always give them away. There is always someone who will like them.

      Okay cool! I was wondering because when you have top coat it always looks great :)

      Delete

I would looove to hear what you think - good or bad - leave your comment here :) I read and respond to all of them.