Monday, July 22, 2013

China Glaze - Highlight Of My Summer

HI dear readers!
I am not dead!!! I just really neglected the blog the past week, didn't I? I was just very busy packing things and getting settled at my new home. Now I'm ready to get on a roll on again! Oh yeah. 
Okay so I found the gorgeous China Glaze Highlight Of My Summer on sale, so you know I had to buy it. It's from their Sunsational Summer Collection 2013, which I believe was called Neons At The Shore at first for some reason. I bought it along with another China Glaze, also from their Sunsational Summer Collection. It is a really great collection! I really like all the colors (some better than others of course), but I had to control myself, so I only bought two. I will swatch the other one I got another day..
I really knew when I saw Highlight Of My Summer for the first time that I had to track it down. So happy it's mine now! See it!
This is really a perfect summer color...I really do say this about a lot of polishes don't I? ... But it is!
It's a pale green/mint neon creme. It doesn't have a glossy finish, but not a matte finish either, a thing there inbetween! Semi matte, I guess? I couldn't stop taking pictures of it because I love it so.

Highlight Of My Summer and the other China Glaze I bought are actually my first China Glazes, and I must say I am not a big fan of their brushes!! It's so small which makes application a bit streaky, but after a second coat it outevens. On the next picture you can see how it looks with only 1 coat.
And on the nexts I have used 2 coats and no top coat.
 And I found a little Four Banded Longhorn Bettle! haha
 Below is a little comparison of how the polish looks in the shade and in direct sunlight.
I looove this color! It really stands out, and in the evening when it's almost dark it still pops. I really like the semi-matte look too.
Well, see you soon again, cuz I got sum catchin' up!
- Marie 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful swatches - even the the four banded long horn beetle thinks so :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I could honestly look at this polish forever. I love the colour and it looks like it isn't super streaky like most neonish colours :D this makes me very happy it looks good with just two coats even. I will have to get it next time I am at Sallys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel about it too! I really liked to look at it too , haha :) Yea, two coats really is enough with this. Three coats would just be superfluous ;)

      Delete
  3. i just LOVE this color, perfect for summer

    ReplyDelete

I would looove to hear what you think - good or bad - leave your comment here :) I read and respond to all of them.